Skin Cancer Awareness Month in May reminds us that there are real dangers associated with sun exposure, and emphasizes the importance of protecting oneself from the sun’s harmful rays. The statistics are staggering:
- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States
- More that 2 million people are diagnosed annually
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer during their lifetime
- One in 59 men and women will be diagnosed with melanoma during their lifetime
- One American dies of melanoma almost every hour; it was estimated that 8,790 deaths would be attributed to melanoma in 2011
- The World Health Organization estimates that as many as 65,161 people a year worldwide die from too much sun, mostly from malignant skin cancer
So how do you prevent this and protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, you ask? Dermatologist Dr. Craig Austin , founder of Cane + Austin, has developed a potent new formula – PROTECT SPF 55 Ultra Sheer Weightless Sunscreen, an oil-free, ultra-sheer, weightless broad spectrum UVA/UVB daily moisturizer. A practicing dermatologist and dermatopathologist, Dr. Austin possesses an intricate understanding of the effect the sun has on the skin at the cellular level. Providing an optimum transparent finish, PROTECT SPF 55 can be used alone or under makeup to shield against sunburns and counteract premature aging. When you get that annoying blemish on your face, it is important to use a high SPF to avoid dark spots, therefore Cane + Austin makes more the perfect beauty essential.