H&M celebrates the holiday season with a New David Beckham Bodywear Campaign, complete with new styles and campaign images. The line embraces cozy comfort with ideal pieces for the cold winter months. The perfect hooded robe, a draw-string pant and soft henleys will keep are key pieces for any man’s weekend wardrobe. The bodywear collection boasts of detail with long johns complete with extra-padded knees, washed cotton lounge shorts and -tees. As an added gift, David will appear in the holiday photo campaign as well as a special behind-the-scenes video clad in his favorite H&M creations.
Archive for the ‘Fashionably Fit’ Category
2011 is Gucci‘s 90th anniversary, and Frida Giannini’s men’s collection for Fall 2011 is a celebration in itself. The collection has a master class in subtle opulence, from ostrich trench coats and the double-breasted croc blazer to an astrakhan sweaters. Though it may appear to be an eclectic palette, it played as quite easy, even restrained, due to the muted colors and casual attitude.
This Fall Winter 2011/2012 Dolce and Gabbana collection “Sensuality – Masculine Feminine” showcases D&Gs new outlook with amended proportions, fabrics and colors while encompassing their iconic traditions. For me, their ‘masculine’ presentation showed the evolution of androgyny with black slim cut tailored jackets and overcoats, jackets with cut off sleeves, vest jackets and vests. Coats and jackets are cut in lace, palettes, herringbone and with embroidered lapels with tuxedo shirts or shirts with large collars and lower-rise pants. Dolce and Gabbana accessories and toned highlights are in grey, white, yellow, pink, light blue, gold and silver. Mostly, I love their use of laced up shoes in leopard, tiger, lace, palettes and in orange, green and yellow box calf leather and the reduce, reuse and recycle of suspenders and hats.
Davines is hosting a video testimonial contest, and the winner will walk away with $150 worth of his/her favorite Davines products!
1.Friend Davines on Facebook and check out the staff’s favorites just click here!
2. Enter your video testimonial showing which product you love and why.
3. Win $150 worth of your favorite Davines products.
Whether jet-setting to an exotic locale or driving up the coastline for a weekend getaway, these luxurious basics from I AM BEYOND, take the modern woman effortlessly from day to night. With sumptuous wrinkle resistant fabrics including cotton slub & french terry modal and impeccable detailing, these chic layering pieces give the perfect mix of fashion and functionality and are great for short and long plane rides and are just as good on a “staycation”.
I AM BEYOND is a luxury lifestyle brand founded by Jodi Guber. I AM BEYOND operates under the fulcrum of fashion and functionality, combining the best elements of active wear and style to form a collection that is chic, flattering and above all, accessible. Inspired by Jodi’s personal experiences growing up in Hollywood, and struggling with society’s ideas of body image, I AM BEYOND is designed with every woman’s figure in mind – a celebration of curves and the perfect fit for all shapes and sizes.
David Kirsch has incorporated his lifestyle philosophy – achieving mind, body and spirit balance – into his three best-selling books featuring healthy, delicious recipes and energizing workouts. Try recipes from his extensive collection including low fat dips, hearty protein-packed appetizers and tailgate-inspired main courses, such as:
Tuna & Shrimp Kabobs
Sesame Chicken Fingers
Guiltless Barbecue Burger
From left: Turkey Chili, Guiltless Barbeque Burger, Sesame Chicken Fingers
HEALTHY SUPER BOWL RECIPES FROM DAVID KIRSCH
TUNA AND SHRIMP KABOB
This is a really fun party dish and can easily be adapted to serve more people.
· 1/2 small eggplant
· 2 medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
· 1/2 medium-sized, yellow bell pepper
· 1/3 cup water
· 4 ounces skinless tuna steak, cut into four 1-inch cubes
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
3. Cut pepper into quarters; remove seeds and stem. Cut each piece in half.
4. Bake peppers and eggplant in foil packet for 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
5. Place peppers and eggplant on skewers.
6. Place tuna and shrimp on skewers, alternating tuna then shrimp.
7. Place all skewers in a large shallow dish.
8. Combine water, Dijon mustard, and dill in a small bowl. Mix well and pour over kabobs. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
9. Remove kabobs from marinade; discard marinade.
10. Spray grill rack with nonfat vegetable cooking spray. Place kabobs on grill.
11. Grill tuna/shrimp skewers 2 to 3 minutes each side and veggies 4 minutes on each side.
SESAME CHICKEN FINGERS
This easy dish goes over well at parties. It’s also great as a light meal served with broccoli.
· 1⁄4 teaspoon light soy sauce
· 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1 teaspoon water
· 1 teaspoon turmeric
· 1 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced into 4 strips
· 1 tablespoon toasted black and white sesame seeds
1. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, mustard, water, and turmeric.
2. Marinate the chicken in the mixture up to 1 hour.
3. Coat the chicken with sesame seeds.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Place the chicken on a nonstick baking pan.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken strips are cooked through.
Makes 1 serving. Per serving: 195 calories, 26 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate,
8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g fiber, 0 g sugar
GUILTLESS BARBECUE BURGER
Red meat need not come loaded with saturated fat. Buffalo meat tastes just as delicious as beef, but it comes much leaner. Because of its leanness, it cooks quicker as well.
· 4 ounces lean ground buffalo meat
· 4 ounces lean ground turkey breast
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
· 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
· 2 tablespoons low-sugar, low-sodium barbecue sauce
· 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
· Nonfat vegetable cooking spray
1. Mix all of the ingredients except the cooking spray in a large bowl.
2. Form the mixture into two patties.
3. Spray a barbecue grill or nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat to medium-high heat.
4. Place the patties on grill or skillet, and cook about 8 minutes per side (for medium), until cooked through.
Makes 2 servings. Per serving: 185 calories, 33 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate,
3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, .5 g fiber, 4 g sugar
Double this recipe, making a big pot of the stuff at the beginning of the week. Whenever you are rushed and don’t have time to prepare a more elaborate lunch or dinner, serve up some leftovers. The chili always tastes better the second time around.
· Nonfat cooking spray
· 1 pound lean ground turkey
· 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
· 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
· 2⁄3 cup chopped celery
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 2 teaspoons chili powder
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne
· 1 141⁄2-ounce can chopped plum tomato in juice
· 1⁄2 cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
· 1 bay leaf
1. Heat a 3-quart nonstick saucepan over high heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. Add the turkey, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, breaking up the turkey into pieces, until browned.
3. Remove to a bowl, and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Reduce the heat to low, and add the carrot, onion, celery, and garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
5. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
6. Increase the heat to medium, and add the tomato, stock, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat.
7. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
8. Add the browned turkey, and simmer for 5 minutes more.
9. Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.
Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 240 calories, 23 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate,
10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 4 g fiber, 8 g sugar