“We’re doing stick straight hair with layers here at the Versace show. We’ve actually cut some of the girls’ hair to add bangs and additional layers into the hair. It seems like we’ve cut a lot of girls’ hair again this year – every designer likes to have girls with cool haircuts. For the girl’s hair we didn’t cut, it’s a really straight hair look. I think the layers add a rock ‘n’ roll, 50-ish look. It’s fun to see straight hair again now. It feels fresh again to see hair this ironed. When you take someone with curly hair and you make it straight, you can show a different face, a different personality. I’m using Pillow Proof as a blow dry primer to protect hair along with Align 12 to help the hair stay smooth and straight. Heat protection is key when you’re ironing the hair. At the end, I’m using Forceful 23 to hold the look.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK: ROCK & ROLL LAYERS
1. Create a clean center part. Use a spray water bottle to dampen hair.
2. Squeeze a pea-sized amount of Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer Cream into palms and distribute evenly throughout hair to heat protect and shorten blow dry time.
3. Follow with a pea-sized amount of Align 12 Protective Smoothing Lotion to help keep hair strong and shiny.
4. Begin blow drying hair with a boar-bristled brush, placing the blow dryer close to the hairline.
5. After blow drying each section, quickly place a hand on the area just exposed by heat, then smooth hair with a downward movement to help keep hair straight.
6. Use a flatiron on all areas until completely straight, so the hair tightly frames the face.
7. Finish with spraying a small amount of Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray onto hands and lightly smoothing over on top of the head to tame flyaways.